Questions Form I-130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions Form I-130

I am currently filling out the I-130 application online and uploading documents. I am US citizen and my husband is Egyptian. We married 3-1-2022. Questions:

1. Our marriage certificate has all the appropriate stamps from Egyptian government/authorities but it has not been authenticated by US Embassy there. Is the authentication required to be used for applying for a spousal visa?

2. My husband had one previous marriage terminated. When he went to have his divorce decree translated to English, he was given an official English copy of the divorce decree-not a translation. It has the official stamps, etc. It is written in both English and Arabic (side by side). Will this be adequate for submission?

3. Any advice, direction on assistance to look over the visa forms/documents after I complete them to prevent errors and lessen the chance of a rejection. Maybe a paralegal?

First off, he can't get a K-1 if he's already married. You need to filing an application for a CR1 visa.

You do need to have the Egyptian marriage certificate authenticated but such is inexpesive and straight forward. If it is not in English, you may have to have it translated. Call the embassy.

You don't need the divorce degree if you are now married. The divorce was necessary to get a K-1 when you weren't married to prove he was legally able to marry you.

The standard answer for #3 is to hire a competent immigration attorney. The forms are not particularly difficult, but if you omit something (or apply for the wrong thing), you can cost yourself a lot of time and money.

Comment

Your article content is being very much interested, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more great posts.
      Last edited by MarleyM; 06-28-2022, 12:21 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X