Form I-864: Part 6. Sponsor's Employment and Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-864: Part 6. Sponsor's Employment and Income

I need help with Part 6. Sponsor's Employment and Income. Both my spouse (beneficiary) and I (US citizen) work abroad. The income cannot be continued after we move to the US.

Question 1: Silly question, but is the image below correct on what I need to do? I put zero for current individual income because I won't be continuing my line of work when I get back to the states.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	787540

Question 2: Since my current income is $0, do I need to put my wife's (Beneficiary) info in Person 1, Item Number 8 - 11? Also, since my wife's income can't be continued after we move, her income will also be $0. The reason why I'm asking is because in the instructions, it says "If your individual annual income listed in Item Number 7, is greater than 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household size from Part 5., item Number 8., you do not need to include any other household member's income. "

Thank you to anyone who can answer these questions ????

Her income cannot be used if it's not continuing after she immigrates, and there is no point to listing her as "Person 1" if you are not counting her income.

As for whether your current income can be counted, I am not sure. There is nothing explicitly saying that your income cannot be counted if it won't continue after the intending immigrant immigrates. The only provision about income continuing after the intending immigrant immigrates is for if the intending immigrant's income is counted.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

If the beneficiary is applying for a K-1 visa why are you filling out I-864?

And the beneficiary is a spouse, why a K visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X