DS-260 Previous U.S Travel Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-260 Previous U.S Travel Information

I was wondering if anyone has experience or has the correct answer.

My wife was denied entry with an ESTA in a US international airport in the pass because of immigration intent. In her passport, it says "Customs and Border Protection Refused in accordance with INA section 217. R38024".

Question 1: My wife did receive an ESTA. Silly question, is that considered a U.S. Visa? I answered "no", but I want to double check.

Question 2: It then ask "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?" I answered yes, but can anyone guide me on how can I explain it to them without issues?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	787710

You answered correctly. Simply state that she was denied entry on the Visa Waiver Program on so-and-so date.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.

Comment

Thank you for the helpful insights and suggestions you've provided.

Comment

If you are denied a US visa, denied entry to the US, or withdrawn from the immigration application at the port of entry, it can be a frustrating and stressful experience. However, there are steps you can take to address the situation and potentially resolve the issue.

Understand the reason for denial: The first step is to understand why you were denied a visa or entry to the US. This information will be provided to you in writing, and it will help you identify any issues or areas that need to be addressed.

Consult with an immigration attorney: If you have been denied a visa or entry to the US, it may be helpful to consult with an immigration attorney. They can review your case and provide guidance on the best course of action to resolve the issue.

Request a waiver: In some cases, it may be possible to request a waiver of the grounds of inadmissibility that led to your denial or withdrawal. A waiver is a request to set aside a ground of inadmissibility based on certain factors, such as family ties, humanitarian reasons, or national security interests.

Reapply for a visa: If you have been denied a visa, you may be able to reapply after addressing any issues that led to the denial. It is important to review the reason for denial and work to correct any issues before reapplying.

File an appeal: If you believe that the decision to deny your visa or entry to the US was incorrect or unfair, you may be able to file an appeal or a motion to reopen or reconsider the decision.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X