K1 Visa and Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa and Taxes

Hi! I am seeing a lot of mixed replies on the tax situation when it comes to the K1 Visa. From my understanding I need to make over a certain amount of money for my state. In 2021 I became self employed and didn't do as well financially. Now towards the end of 2022 I'm well passed the poverty line requirement.
    10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
    My question is, if I file now before the end of 2022, will my taxes from 2021 be looked at? Or my taxes of 2022? Should I just wait until the new year to file? Thank you!​
    Last edited by jinha; 11-12-2022, 08:28 AM.

Originally posted by jinha View Post
    Hi! I am seeing a lot of mixed replies on the tax situation when it comes to the K1 Visa. From my understanding I need to make over a certain amount of money for my state. In 2021 I became self employed and didn't do as well financially. Now towards the end of 2022 I'm well passed the poverty line requirement.

My question is, if I file now before the end of 2022, will my taxes from 2021 be looked at? Or my taxes of 2022? Should I just wait until the new year to file? Thank you!​
    If you file I-129F today then it is certain your 2022 taxes will be looked at.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X