Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Fiance Visa or CR1 Visa ?- USA

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fiance Visa or CR1 Visa ?- USA


    I just want to know your thoughts because my SO is in the US and im in the Philippines, We have been together for 6yrs and planning to get married already. Just want to know which is better CR1 Visa or Fiance Visa?

    I just want to know your progress and suggestions on how to go about this haha its overwhelming and legal advise is expensive for us
    Last edited by imsail; 10-20-2023, 05:17 AM.

  • #2
    Do you have a child who also needs to immigrate?

    This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.


    • #3
      Choosing between CR1 and Fiance Visa depends on your situation. CR1 leads to immediate permanent residency, while Fiance Visa allows quicker entry but requires adjustment later. Consider your priorities, timelines, and future plans. Consult immigration resources or professionals for personalized advice



      • #4
        Congratulations on your decision to get married! The choice between the CR-1 (Consular Processing) and K-1 (Fiancé(e) Visa) routes depends on various factors, and each has its own advantages and considerations. Here's a brief overview of both options: K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa:
        1. Process: The K-1 visa allows your fiancé(e) to enter the U.S. for the purpose of getting married. Once married, your spouse can then apply for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) to become a permanent resident.
        2. Timeline: The K-1 process generally takes less time for the initial entry to the U.S. compared to CR-1.
        3. Living Together: The couple can start living together in the U.S. sooner, as the K-1 visa allows for immediate entry.
        CR-1 Spousal Visa:
        1. Process: The CR-1 visa is for spouses of U.S. citizens. It allows your spouse to enter the U.S. as a conditional permanent resident directly.
        2. Timeline: While the initial processing time might be longer, your spouse enters the U.S. as a conditional permanent resident, and there's no need for Adjustment of Status after marriage.
        3. Living Together: While it takes longer initially, your spouse enters the U.S. as a permanent resident, allowing for immediate and unrestricted work and travel.
        1. Living Situation: If you want to live together in the U.S. as soon as possible, the K-1 visa might be more suitable.
        2. Timeline: CR-1 processing times may vary, so consider the time factor in your decision-making process.
        3. Cost: Compare the costs associated with both processes, including visa fees, travel expenses, and eventual Adjustment of Status fees.
        General Suggestions:
        1. Consultation with an Immigration Attorney: While I can provide general information, individual circumstances vary. Consider consulting with an immigration attorney like dygreencard inc., for personalized advice.
        2. USCIS Resources: Utilize resources on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website for accurate and up-to-date information on visa processes.


        • #5
          I understand that you're considering the CR1 visa and the K1 visa to bring your spouse to the United States. Both visas have their own advantages and disadvantages, so it's important to weigh the pros and cons of each carefully before making a decision.

          CR1 Visa

          The CR1 visa is also known as a "spouse visa." It allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their spouse for permanent residency in the United States. The CR1 visa is the most straightforward way to bring your spouse to the United States, and it also allows them to work and live in the United States permanently. However, the CR1 visa process can be lengthy, and it can take up to a year or more to obtain a visa.

          K1 Visa

          The K1 visa is also known as a "fiance visa." It allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their foreign fiance(e) for a visa to enter the United States and get married. The K1 visa is a faster process than the CR1 visa, and it can take as little as six months to obtain a visa. However, the K1 visa is only valid for 90 days, and your fiance(e) must get married to you within that time frame in order to obtain a green card.


          • #6

            The decision of whether to pursue a K-1 visa or a CR-1 visa is not an easy one, as both have their own pros and cons.

            K-1 Visa

            A K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their foreign fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry within 90 days of arrival. The key benefits of a K-1 visa are that it is generally faster to obtain than a CR-1 visa, and it allows the foreign fiancé(e) to live and work in the United States while they are waiting to get married. However, there are also some drawbacks to consider:
            • The K-1 visa is only valid for 90 days, so the couple must marry within this time frame or the foreign fiancé(e) will have to leave the United States.
            • The K-1 visa does not automatically lead to permanent residency. Once the couple is married, the foreign spouse will need to apply for a green card through the spousal visa process, which can be a lengthy and complex process.

            CR-1 Visa

            A CR-1 visa is a green card that allows a foreign national who is married to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to immigrate to the United States and reside there permanently. The key benefits of a CR-1 visa are that it is more secure than a K-1 visa, as it leads to permanent residency, and it can be a faster path to green card status for certain couples. However, there are also some drawbacks to consider:
            • The CR-1 visa is generally more difficult to obtain than a K-1 visa, as it requires a higher level of proof of the validity of the marriage.
            • The CR-1 visa process is more expensive than the K-1 visa process.

            In your case, it sounds like a CR-1 visa might be a better option for you. This is because you have been together for six years and are planning to get married soon. This will make it easier for you to prove the validity of your marriage to USCIS. Additionally, you may be able to expedite the CR-1 visa process if you can show that you are living in a hardship online2yu and echat situation omeglz in the Philippines.
            Last edited by ThanogHamros; 12-08-2023, 01:00 AM.


            • #7
              Hi there. I stay in England (united kingdom) and have just proposed to my, now fiancée (Alaskan). We have appeared into each routes of me coming to the us to be with her and to start a family. The clean routes appear to be the K1 (fiancée) and the CR-1 (spousal) Visas.

              My know-how is that with the K1 Visa is: She could should observe for it first (I-129F). Then the long wait among 12-18 months for the approval. Then the us embassy in London could contact me for an interview which might take every other few months. So long as the whole thing goes through adequate the K1, could permit me to enter the U.S. To get married inside ninety days. And then i might apply for a brief inexperienced card at the DMV? Then another lengthy wait for the transient green card in which I wouldn’t be capable of go away the U.S. Or work on this time. After which after 2 years of being at the transient inexperienced card i'd apply for a everlasting inexperienced card or take a citizenship test.

              My understanding is that with the CR-1 partner Visa is: we would get married outside of the U.S. And out side of the UK (to keep away from voiding our journey visas/ esta for each international locations). Then we would observe for the CR-1 that could take among 24-36 months. But as soon as granted i'd be able to gain a permanent inexperienced card and paintings from the moment I input the U.S.

              With everything summed up me and my fiancée have agreed that the K1 Visa would be the fastest possible manner for us to live together within the U.S. I am lucky sufficient to have numerous inheritance cash stored which would aid myself inside the time awaiting the inexperienced card period. The reason for no longer going for the spousal visa is for 2 reasons. We'd not be able to marry every other in both domestic countries due to traveller visas. And the wait time is a lot longer than the K1 visa.

              Now i've several questions i'd substantially appreciate a reaction or steerage.

              Are there any blogs or YouTube movies that could help with further facts or steerage within the K1 or CR-1.

              That is the higher course?

              Are there every other routes or Visas?

              Am i able to travel to the U.S. Whilst the K1 or CR-1 Visa were submitted? I recognize i would still journey on an ESTA as the visit would be in simple terms to go to my fiancée. (I recognize it's miles right down to the boarder pressure officer to make the very last selection).

              Would the process take much less time due to her being from and living in Alaska?

              Could you advocate the use of a attorney?

              Are the wait instances shorter now due to the covid backlog being looked after?

              Some other recommendation https://mobdro.bio/​ ?

              I apologise if any of the records approximately the visas and methods are incorrect. I recognize everyone’s enjoy or mind on this. It is extremely worrying to find a thorough solution or a easy rationalization to the manner. The stress of locating the one genuine love and being from two separate components of the arena.​
              Last edited by j1assa; 06-16-2024, 04:01 AM.