New Payment Options for Visa Appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Payment Options for Visa Appointment

I am trying to schedule an appointment for visa renewal in India. In the new website usatraveldocs, I used the electronic fund transfer option through Bank of America. The instructions to complete the payment says "To confirm payment please enter your receipt number. Please note that there could be a delay between the time of payment and the time that you can proceed to schedule your appointment." When I did the wire transfer per the procedure Bank of America gave me a confirmation number for the transaction. Is the confirmation number the same as the receipt number that I need to enter in the website to confirm payment? I tired that and it didn't work. I suspect it is because the wire transfer has not yet reached the bank in India. If any of you have any experience on this new procedure please share.

Thanks.

You will get a seperate email from ustraveldocs.com with the receipt number.It tooks 8hrs for me to get the email

Comment

Originally posted by srinum View Post
      You will get a seperate email from ustraveldocs.com with the receipt number.It tooks 8hrs for me to get the email
      Thanks for the reply. I have not received an email from usatraveldocs.com with a receipt number yet. Its been 3 days. May be I should call them and find out.

Comment

Did you transfer from an Indian bank account or from a US account?

Also, the receipt number is shown on the page that gives you the unique BOA account number for transferring the money...If you lose that then the money is gone. See screenshot attached.

I paid mine today and the receipt was activated in about 3 hours...NEFT from HDFC bank.
        Attached Files

Comment

H1b Visa payment

Originally posted by alwaysbindaas View Post
          Did you transfer from an Indian bank account or from a US account?

Also, the receipt number is shown on the page that gives you the unique BOA account number for transferring the money...If you lose that then the money is gone. See screenshot attached.

I paid mine today and the receipt was activated in about 3 hours...NEFT from HDFC bank.

Hi,

I went to BofA and paid my fees.They did not gave me any receipt number.They have not taken my email id also.How will i get the receipt number ?
          Please help me with this..

Comment

What is the order of steps while applying for visa through ustraveldocs.com site? Do I first need to submit DS160 and get that receipt number before I can pay the fees? Because until I put the DS160 receipt number, it won't let me continue.

In the FAQ however, it says that first step is to pay the visa fee. What am I missing?

Also, is it possible to pay the fee from a US bank account like Chase?
            All posts/threads by me are my opinions only. I can not be held responsible for any action you take after reading my posts/threads.

Comment

H1b Visa payment

Originally posted by raj1211 View Post
              Hi,

I went to BofA and paid my fees.They did not gave me any receipt number.They have not taken my email id also.How will i get the receipt number ?
              Please help me with this..
              I had my cousin pay the fee at a bank in India. All he did was present the deposit slip to the bank and the money. The reciept number was automatically updated in my online profile within 12 hours.

CHeck your account if it has been updated..

PT

Comment

H1B visa payment from BOA

Hello
                I wanted to know if I can go to BOA and pay from my US checking account or need to give them a ruppee checking account from India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X