Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 extension and H1B

Hi All,

Currently I am in L1 visa and its expires in December 2012 so my company filed the extension and I got it approved with new I-94 card.

Also one of my friend company filed the H1B with COS. H1B is also came after L1 with COS. Now is there a way I can choose any visa to stay in US or I must go with H1B company.

Thanks,

Originally posted by ramnath_07 View Post
    Hi All,

Currently I am in L1 visa and its expires in December 2012 so my company filed the extension and I got it approved with new I-94 card.

Also one of my friend company filed the H1B with COS. H1B is also came after L1 with COS. Now is there a way I can choose any visa to stay in US or I must go with H1B company.

Thanks,
    Both the applications , L1 extension as well as COS to H1, were treated independently by USCIS hence there is no clear way to know which got approved by USCIS last and whats your current status. If L1 is valid you should be working only with L1 employer, and if H1 you should only work with H1 employer. In order to avoid possible RFE/questions/queries/out of status later on, its advisable to leave US , return all I-94 at exit point and re enter US on the visa you want to be.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X