Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travelling between US and Canada when H1B transfer in progress

hello all,

Here is our situation. I am an Indian citizen and was on h1b from company X for the past 4 years and recently lost that job (terminated at end of sept 9/30 and I have a valid visa stamping & valid I94 till 2014). Company Y has applied for a h1b transfer on 10/6 (waiting for the receipt).

On another side, all of my family members have Canadian PR cards and we have to move there within the next 10days to keep our PR valid (close to 3 year limit in about 10days);due to the job market I intend to work in US while my family stays in canada until we have a job in canada. I might have to travel a few times transferring stuff/job interviews etc from my current US location to the apartment in Canada.

Q1: My visa is stamped from company X until 2014; I haven't received the receipt number yet and also I797. Can I cross canadian/US border? Are there any complications in doing so?

Is it advisable to get a new I797 to travel or if I get the receipt # in the next two days, can I use that and my previous company visa stamping to travel for relocation purposes?

Thank You for taking time.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X