Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 & H4 Visa stamping together

Hi,
    I am going to india in december to get married. I have renewed my H1B visa and i plan to go for my new stamping. I get married on Jan 6 and wish to take my wife with me for her H4 stamping after getting married. I have following questions:
    1. Can we both go together for stamping in one appointment at the window?(me for H1B and she for H4).

2. Also what do i choose while filing up my DS-160 form? Should i say i am married and put her as a dependent as i will be filling the form before we get married so that we can get the visa date.? Does she need to have same last name on the DS-160 form as me when i fill her as a dependent? Or i can fill her name as it is before the marriage?

3. Also as i am working in US and my fiance is in India, while filling up DS-160 form do i choose for me as Indian residing in USA? Because if i do that then for my wife i do not have option of Resident of India. Her's also comes same as i choose for me. What do i do about this? Do i choose as Resident of India for myself too?

4. Also we get married on Jan 6 and plan to go for visa on Jan 9, do we have to add each other as one's spouse in our passport for or before the visa interview? Also does she have to change her last name on passport for the visa interview?

Please help me clear these doubts.

Thank you,
    Rahul

also do we have to wait to get our passports through courier? or we can go to the VFS office in the evening and collect them?

Originally posted by rahul_sabnani View Post
    Hi,
    I am going to india in december to get married. I have renewed my H1B visa and i plan to go for my new stamping. I get married on Jan 6 and wish to take my wife with me for her H4 stamping after getting married. I have following questions:
    1. Can we both go together for stamping in one appointment at the window?(me for H1B and she for H4).

2. Also what do i choose while filing up my DS-160 form? Should i say i am married and put her as a dependent as i will be filling the form before we get married so that we can get the visa date.? Does she need to have same last name on the DS-160 form as me when i fill her as a dependent? Or i can fill her name as it is before the marriage?

3. Also as i am working in US and my fiance is in India, while filling up DS-160 form do i choose for me as Indian residing in USA? Because if i do that then for my wife i do not have option of Resident of India. Her's also comes same as i choose for me. What do i do about this? Do i choose as Resident of India for myself too?

4. Also we get married on Jan 6 and plan to go for visa on Jan 9, do we have to add each other as one's spouse in our passport for or before the visa interview? Also does she have to change her last name on passport for the visa interview?

Please help me clear these doubts.

Thank you,
    Rahul

Comment

Help Needed

Originally posted by rahul_sabnani View Post
      also do we have to wait to get our passports through courier? or we can go to the VFS office in the evening and collect them?
      Hi Rahul,

Could you please share your experience and tell me what did you end up doing ?

I am in a similar situation and need your help.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X