• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B/H4 restamping new process in India

Hi All,

Need your help on this!!

Stamping year for my H4 visa was 2011

My husbands H1B and my H4 extension is under process through premium processing. I have to travel to India on 2nd'Nov-2012 and husband will travel on 17th'Nov-2012.

As per the new visa stamping rule, I can see that H4 visa is eligible for IWP (Interview Waiver Program) but H1B is not.

1. Does this mean that, my husband would have to go for interview but I would not have to?
    2. In that case, will my husband need to go for biometrics at OFC? Will my biometrics be needed even if I dont need to go for interview?
    3. If I dont have to go for interview at the consulate, then does my husband need to carry my passport also and hand it to the visa officer along with his passport once the approval is given?
    4 Or Interview Waiver means that I would not be interviewed by the visa officer but still my presence is required at the US Consulate?

Please help me clear my doubts.

Regards,
    Neha

1. That is right.
    2A. Yes
    2B. No
    3. No
    4. You don't have to go to US consulate.

However, given the fact that your husband needs to go for interview and you don't, and you are dependent upon your husband, it would be fastest and most efficient if both of you go together for the interview.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

H1B/H4 restamping new process in India

Hello,

Thanks for the reply!!!!
      I would also prefer going along with my husband and get the stamping done.
      Will I be allowed to do so when I am eligible for IWP?

Regards,
      Neha

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X