H1B Extension - Travel to India for stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension - Travel to India for stamping

My first 3 yrs of H1B got over last month, and I got my H1B Extension approved and received I797 - which is valid till Sep'2015 . My employer runs a consulting company with less than 15 employees and I currently work in the Client's location. I'm planning to travel to India during Jan'2013, during when I need to appear for my Visa stamping in Chennai consulate.

Do I need a SOW that describes work till Sep'2015 ?
    If my client provides a letter mentioning current project date till Oct'2013 with possible extension - will that be sufficient ?
    What are the chances of my visa getting into 221G case or visa being rejected ?

Kindly suggest.

Mentioning end date in client letter is optional.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is not legal advise. Use of this info is at your own risk

Originally posted by anandsmailbox View Post
    My first 3 yrs of H1B got over last month, and I got my H1B Extension approved and received I797 - which is valid till Sep'2015 . My employer runs a consulting company with less than 15 employees and I currently work in the Client's location. I'm planning to travel to India during Jan'2013, during when I need to appear for my Visa stamping in Chennai consulate.

Do I need a SOW that describes work till Sep'2015 ?
    If my client provides a letter mentioning current project date till Oct'2013 with possible extension - will that be sufficient ?
    What are the chances of my visa getting into 221G case or visa being rejected ?

Kindly suggest.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    This is FYI and not legal.

Comment

Very urgent Going for Stamping India

Hi
      My visa is expired but got h1 extension Till March 2013. I must travel to India due to my father health. But my son born just couple weeks back. It's a long process to get him passport and oci to travel to India. So I must leave my wife and son in US.

My question is whether my wife legally stay here when I am going for stamping in Dec?

Please advise me.

Thanks
      Sri

Comment

Originally posted by petchi9582 View Post
        Hi
        My visa is expired but got h1 extension Till March 2013. I must travel to India due to my father health. But my son born just couple weeks back. It's a long process to get him passport and oci to travel to India. So I must leave my wife and son in US.

My question is whether my wife legally stay here when I am going for stamping in Dec?

Please advise me.

Thanks
        Sri
        Stay within US for dependents for short periods while primary visa holder is outside US should not be an issue. In worst case, if your extension stamping gets entangled in long drawn 221G/Admin processing its advisable the dependents leave US too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for your response.

In case if i struck in india how long my wife can stay here? What should i do further?
          Please advise me.

Comment

H1B Extension - Stamping

Hello,

I am on H1B and my visa is valid till Feb 2016. I have got extension till May 2016.
            I am traveling to India in December 2015 for 3 weeks. Do I need to go for stamping? Or it is not required because I will come back to US in December itself when my first visa will still be valid??

thanks,
            Pranay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X