Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Administrative Processing Done

Hey Guys,

I am new here but have been reading up on these forums a fair bit over the past few months. My employer had applied for my H1 in April and after the usual hiccups, my H1 got approved in September. I had my visa interview on 3rd October 2012, exactly 12 days ago. Having been through the 'administrative processing' wait for B1/B2 Visa (which i had applied for in September 2011, and took a little over 3 months for administrative processing clearance) I was sure I was in for a relatively long haul again. As such, upon my employers inquiry, I updated them on the status and told them I am in admin processing, and though I hope to get my visa by the end of the month, I really cannot guarantee when my Visa will be stamped and when I will be free to travel.

See, the problem was that I truly did believe it would take at least one month minimum. But now, 12 days into my administrative processing, I have received the call that my Visa has been stamped and I can go collect my passport. The problem is that I had made commitments (specifically around the 27th October weekend).

My question is that after clearing my visa from processing/my visa having been stamped, does the consulate alert either uscis/my employer of my status change. I have considered telling my employer about it, but i fear telling them would mean having to leave immediately. I know the moral caveat of the issue and have been dealing with it already. All that I really need to find out is if my employer would know about me having my passport back or not?

Can someone please help?

Comment

Originally posted by shalashaska View Post
      Hey Guys,

I am new here but have been reading up on these forums a fair bit over the past few months. My employer had applied for my H1 in April and after the usual hiccups, my H1 got approved in September. I had my visa interview on 3rd October 2012, exactly 12 days ago. Having been through the 'administrative processing' wait for B1/B2 Visa (which i had applied for in September 2011, and took a little over 3 months for administrative processing clearance) I was sure I was in for a relatively long haul again. As such, upon my employers inquiry, I updated them on the status and told them I am in admin processing, and though I hope to get my visa by the end of the month, I really cannot guarantee when my Visa will be stamped and when I will be free to travel.

See, the problem was that I truly did believe it would take at least one month minimum. But now, 12 days into my administrative processing, I have received the call that my Visa has been stamped and I can go collect my passport. The problem is that I had made commitments (specifically around the 27th October weekend).

My question is that after clearing my visa from processing/my visa having been stamped, does the consulate alert either uscis/my employer of my status change. I have considered telling my employer about it, but i fear telling them would mean having to leave immediately. I know the moral caveat of the issue and have been dealing with it already. All that I really need to find out is if my employer would know about me having my passport back or not?
      I guess they cannot know unless your attorney contacts uscis for your status or they know your case number and can track online.

Comment

It was too much of a moral conondrum. I have told my employer and told them about my planned travel date. Hoping it will not be an issue. Thanks for your response Tatu.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X