Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b denial on USCIS portal, what does it say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b denial on USCIS portal, what does it say?

Hi Everyone,

I just saw this on USCIS status portal...."we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER." When I filed for an H1b visa for a new employer and extension of stay, there was a question as to whether the extension of stay was going to be approved as I had a gap from June 30, 2012 to present. Does anyone have actual experience as to what the online portal says if extension of stay is denied but underlying H1 visa is approved? Or does this mean that my underlying H1b visa was denied on top of the denial for extension of stay. I have not gotten the actual mailed decision yet. Can anyone help? thanks!

You will have to see the actual paper notice.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

final decision

Originally posted by arcad View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I just saw this on USCIS status portal...."we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER." When I filed for an H1b visa for a new employer and extension of stay, there was a question as to whether the extension of stay was going to be approved as I had a gap from June 30, 2012 to present. Does anyone have actual experience as to what the online portal says if extension of stay is denied but underlying H1 visa is approved? Or does this mean that my underlying H1b visa was denied on top of the denial for extension of stay. I have not gotten the actual mailed decision yet. Can anyone help? thanks!
      Hi arcad, I am in the same boat. Did your underlying h1 get approved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X