Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I797B approved, visa not stamped, company delayed joining indefinitely

Dear Gurus.
    I have got my I797B approved for company'A'. But now after approval the company'A' does not want me to stamp my H1 or even come to US and join the company.
    Questions:
    1. Can I still get my H1 stamped (I have only soft copy of my I-797B)

2. Is it necessary for me to travel to US to get my Visa transferred to any other employer?

3. I am really despaired by whole scenario. Is their a way out for me to join in US? If yes kindly tell me please.

Tons of thanks in advance

Originally posted by seekingadvise View Post
    Dear Gurus.
    I have got my I797B approved for company'A'. But now after approval the company'A' does not want me to stamp my H1 or even come to US and join the company.
    Questions:

2. Is it necessary for me to travel to US to get my Visa transferred to any other employer?

3. I am really despaired by whole scenario. Is their a way out for me to join in US? If yes kindly tell me please.

If they are not asking you to join the company in US, aren't they gonna cancel your H1B?
    Even if you somehow get it stamped and go to US, but they wont let you work their, what are you planning to do? Find another job? I believe you are not supposed to be in US if you dont have a valid job at any time. Why get so desperate and jeopardize your future jobs or US visas?

My suggestion would be to just find another job from India (assuming you are there at this moment) and go to US with valid visa and definitive work position in US.

Comment

Originally posted by seekingadvise View Post
      Dear Gurus.
      Questions:
      -- No. What is the point anyway? It makes no difference.
      -- No. Another employer can file a cap-exempt petition for you at any time.
      -- Find a job in the US and then you can have the new employer file cap-exempt petition for you at any time.
      See above.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X