Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spouse address in case husband wife both getting visa stamped at same time

Hi,
    My wife and I are going to India to get our respective H1B Visas stamped... In Form DS 160... there are 2 questions 1. Do you have any immediate relatives ( including siblings, spouse etc) in US ? and 2. There is a whole section for "Spouse" and it asks for spouse address

My question is ... should I mention my spouse's name for immediate relatives living in US ?? If yes, then should I mention her US address or Indian address (confusion arises from the fact that she is also going to be in India with me to get her visa stamp and in her DS 160 she will mention her indian address as home address...)

Please advise...

Yes.

US Address.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Talked to my attorney

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      Yes.

US Address.
      I called up my company's lawyer and asked her and she told me not to put my wife's name under immediate relatives in US since I have mentioned her as one of my travel companions and at the time of interview
      she will be in India.

If I was only one in US and my wife was in US i should absolutely mention her but not in my case since we are both traveling together and getting our visas stamped and we are mentioning each other as travel companions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X