Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Termination..

Hi,

Immediately after getting my H1B renewal approved, I left (resigned) the client. Immediately after I left the client, my employer said that he has terminated me from his company. He also asked me to find another employer, else he said I will have to go back to India. He also stopped running the payroll. Please suggest what I have to do in order to get out of this mess? I am in panic. Please help.

Originally posted by lgvisa View Post
    Hi,

Immediately after getting my H1B renewal approved, I left (resigned) the client. Immediately after I left the client, my employer said that he has terminated me from his company. He also asked me to find another employer, else he said I will have to go back to India. He also stopped running the payroll. Please suggest what I have to do in order to get out of this mess? I am in panic. Please help.
    In case your employer terminated your employment and dont have any work for you they are obligated by law to provide you return travel tickets. If they refuse to , you can complain to DOL. First thing is ask them for return ticket, and if they refuse tell them you have no alternative but to complain to DOL. Since your payroll is not being run you are techinically out of status. It will be difficult to get an H1 transfer done to a new employer when you are out of status. In that case leaving US will be the only option.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X