Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Validity

Hello All,

I started working on H1B since June 2011, In Feb 2012 I went to India to complete my PHD, I’m planning to return in Dec 2012. I’ve following questions:
    1) How long can I stay outside US without working and maintianing H1B with same company? Are there any legal repercussion?
    2) It is more than 9 months I’m out of work and US, Is my H1B still valid?
    3) Am I out of status since I’m out of work and US since last 9 months?
    4) What are the options available to return if my company layoff because I’m out of work and US ?
    5) I don’t have latest pay stubs since I’m of out of work, can some other company transfer my H1B without pay stubs? I’ve valid Visa till March 2014.

Thank You

Originally posted by dbjpr View Post
    Hello All,

I started working on H1B since June 2011, In Feb 2012 I went to India to complete my PHD, I’m planning to return in Dec 2012. I’ve following questions:
    1) How long can I stay outside US without working and maintianing H1B with same company? Are there any legal repercussion?
    -- Does not matter.
    2) It is more than 9 months I’m out of work and US, Is my H1B still valid?
    -- Has the petition expired? Does the employer still have a job for you?
    3) Am I out of status since I’m out of work and US since last 9 months?
    -- There is no status outside of the US.
    4) What are the options available to return if my company layoff because I’m out of work and US ?
    -- Find another employer and they can file cap-exempt petition for you.
    5) I don’t have latest pay stubs since I’m of out of work, can some other company transfer my H1B without pay stubs? I’ve valid Visa till March 2014.
    -- Paystubs are needed only for the period you are in the US.

Thank You
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      See above.
      Thanks for your reply. My petition and visa is valid till March 2014. However my employer decided to discontinue.

Comment

In that case, your only option is to find another employer who can file cap-exempt petition for you.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X