Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approved H1b visa but was returned to uscis for reconsideration

Hi all,
    I'd rec'd my approved h1b visa dated april 18,2012 and this was the time when i was still in the US.
    I was advise by my lawyer to go home to have it stamped on US Embassy -Manila however after my scheduled interview the consul just simply say that she cannot continue on processing my visa and gave me the blue color paper. A week after, somebody called me from the embassy and i was requested to go to window70 on the date that he mentioned. That was the time that i only knew that my case was under administrative case (June 26,2012) after that date, i only received a letter last week,, nov.5 with the content that they returned my case to USCIS for reconsideration and that i will follow up directly on them.
    my question was, whats the usual process when an approved visa was return? is this simply means that it was denied already? appreciate your feedback.thank you.

The Visa application stands denied.

The petition filed by your employer has been returned to USCIS. Now, USCIS will contact your employer and ask them why they should revoke the petition. If USCIS is satisfied with your employer's answer, they will re-affirm the petition. If that happens you can take the re-affirmed petition back to the consulate and apply for Visa. This process unfortunately can take anywhere between a few months to a year.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      The Visa application stands denied.

The petition filed by your employer has been returned to USCIS. Now, USCIS will contact your employer and ask them why they should revoke the petition. If USCIS is satisfied with your employer's answer, they will re-affirm the petition. If that happens you can take the re-affirmed petition back to the consulate and apply for Visa. This process unfortunately can take anywhere between a few months to a year.
      sad to hear the reality but thanks for your feedback.
      would this require another fee on my side?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X