Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we change employer on H1b extension if we are in India

Hi All,

I stayed in US for 1 year and returned back to India on 1st feb 2012 and my visa has got expired in march 2012. After that I applied for visa extension which has got approved on September 20th 2012, and has validity till 2014 dec. but I would like to change my current employer here in India to make immediate travel to US as my curreent employer doesn't have oppurtunity right now for US projects.

Is it possible to change the employer when I am in India holding with valid h1b visa has got extension recently, before I was in US for 1 year on the same visa which was exited on march 2012?

Please get back to me on the same and let me know what is the procedure to be followed to change employer and how to travel back to USA again on the new employer.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
    Sunikumar

If you find a new employer, they can file a cap-exempt petition for you at any time. After that is approved, if you have a valid Visa in your passport you can use that and the new petition to travel to US and work for this new employer. If you don't have a valid Visa in your passport, you can apply for one using the newly approved petition and then travel to US.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Similar Scenario. Can we change employer on H1B extention if we are in India?

Hi All,

I stayed in US for 7 months and returned back to India on 17th feb 2013 and my visa will expire in may 2013. While I was in US my employer initiated H1B extension which has got approved on 18th Feb 2013 and has validity till may 2014. But this extension is not yet stamped on my passport. Now I would like to change my current employer here in India.

Is it possible to change the employer when I am in India holding a valid h1b visa that has got extended recently, before I was in US for 7 months on the same visa which will expire in may 2013?

Please get back to me on the same and let me know what is the procedure to be followed to change employer and how to travel back to USA again on the new employer?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
      Asha

Comment

The reply from kabkaba applies to your case as well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X