Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 got approved while in India & came back on H4.Am I eligible to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 got approved while in India & came back on H4.Am I eligible to work?

Hi,

I am on H4 and filed for a H1b this year.I travelled to India on a personal emergency in October.My H1 was approved on Oct 5th while I was in India.I skiped the stamping and entered US on my H4.I had already applied for a SSN,but not yet received.

1)In case if I get an SSN will I be able to start working?

2)My employer is ready to put me into work.If I go ahead and start working,will there be any risk in future,like when I go for next stamping or so?

3)Is there any other option for me to make my H1B active and start working without going back to India.

Please help me.

Originally posted by chandanam View Post
    Hi,

I am on H4 and filed for a H1b this year.I travelled to India on a personal emergency in October.My H1 was approved on Oct 5th while I was in India.I skiped the stamping and entered US on my H4.I had already applied for a SSN,but not yet received.

1)In case if I get an SSN will I be able to start working?

2)My employer is ready to put me into work.If I go ahead and start working,will there be any risk in future,like when I go for next stamping or so?

3)Is there any other option for me to make my H1B active and start working without going back to India.

Please help me.
    You are currently in H4 status so unless you do a H4 to H1 COS and get a receipt/approval for it, you should not start working.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

The above is correct. Moreover receipt is not sufficient in this case. You need to have change of status approved to start working. SSN has nothing to do with it.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X