Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for adopted mother

Hi
    I'm having quite a unique situation, appreicate your help and rsponse for this..

My mother in law is a widow and she dont have anyone back in india other than my wife...
    and my wife is not employed, if i process tourist/visitor visa she cant stay more than
    6 months i guess, if i adopt my mother in law as my mother can i process a dependent visa for her?
    if yes, please let me know the process .. is it any different from processing for my
    own mother and FYI, in my passport, my own mother name is mentioned in the "mother name"
    column, will it create any confusion.

and FYI -- I'm in H1 visa

your response is highly appreicated

thanks

Originally posted by thisisforeverything View Post
    Hi
    I'm having quite a unique situation, appreicate your help and rsponse for this..

My mother in law is a widow and she dont have anyone back in india other than my wife...
    and my wife is not employed, if i process tourist/visitor visa she cant stay more than
    6 months i guess, if i adopt my mother in law as my mother can i process a dependent visa for her?
    if yes, please let me know the process .. is it any different from processing for my
    own mother and FYI, in my passport, my own mother name is mentioned in the "mother name"
    column, will it create any confusion.

and FYI -- I'm in H1 visa

your response is highly appreicated

thanks
    Two things, its not you who adopts a parent, its the parent who needs to adopt you. Secondly, parents are not considered dependents, only spouse and children are can be considered dependent. You can sponsor her to come and visit on B2, but widows with no strong family or financial ties to home country always face hurdle while getting B2 visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X