Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B case (change of status) transfer to a new employer

Hi,
    I got H1B change of status(H4->H1B) starting oct 2012 through a consultant. I still have't got project yet and have few questions related to this.
    1)Can i transfer my H1B to another willing employer. I've heard for transfer paystubs are required.
    2) Under what condition can my H1B be revoked. Can employer request a revoke?
    3) Who's prerogative it is to find a job. If employer is not able to find a project then do i have right to demand paystubs?

Quick response will be helpful.

G

Originally posted by mudit View Post
    Hi,
    I got H1B change of status(H4->H1B) starting oct 2012 through a consultant. I still have't got project yet and have few questions related to this.
    1)Can i transfer my H1B to another willing employer. I've heard for transfer paystubs are required.
    2) Under what condition can my H1B be revoked. Can employer request a revoke?
    3) Who's prerogative it is to find a job. If employer is not able to find a project then do i have right to demand paystubs?

Quick response will be helpful.

G
    Irrespective of whether the employer has work for you or not, you should be getting paid. After all the employer petitioned for you to USCIS saying that they have work for you and they should fulfil their commitment, if not, you can go ahead and complain to DOL. The longer you stay without pay the longer is your out of status period. If you are not able to prove your status period by showing pay stubs a tranfser will not be possible.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X