DS-160 question about immigrant petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 question about immigrant petition

I have my I-797 approval notice that was filed by my employers, and I am planning to get an H1B stamped at the consulate.

In the DS-160 form, there is a question: "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?"

Is the answer Yes or No for me?

Any help will be appreciated.

-R

Has an employer or family member ever initiated green card process for you?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by h1b_question View Post
      I have my I-797 approval notice that was filed by my employers, and I am planning to get an H1B stamped at the consulate.

In the DS-160 form, there is a question: "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?"

Is the answer Yes or No for me?

Any help will be appreciated.

-R
      If your current or any other (future) employer had not started green card process or had filed labor petition for you then the answer would be No.

Comment

My company is filing GC on my behalf, I have Visa extension petition approval beyond 6 years.

I sent the completed DS-160 form to my attorney for review with this question answered No and she didn't say anything was wrong with it.

Is this only valid once the I-140 is approved? I know they got the certification of the LCA

Comment

If I-140 has been filed (not necessarily approved) you should answer it as yes. Since H1B allows immigrant intent, the answer will not affect the outcome anyway, but it is better to be truthful.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X