Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 or F1/F2 ?????

Hello,

This is Vikrant. I graduate in Aug 2005. Join a consultant from Sep. 1. Thereon, I get married in Dec., and I need to get my wife here.

Here is my question, rather....situation.

1. It seems I cannot get my wife on OPT. When I went to collect my OPT card from the ISS, the advisor told me that its risky as i am on OPT. When i spoke to the consultant, he said that i could get my wife on OPT. I need to inform the consulate officer that my H1 papers are processing.

2. My other option is H1 premium processing. (I guess that costs about $1000). Many people are telling me that get the first time multiple stamping done from Canada. The consultant tells me get it done from Mumbai (since I am from mumbai).

The problem is that getting dates in Mumbai is difficult. If i book online now, i have to send my papers within 12 days; which i cannot do because I dont have any papers (unless its the OPT-F2 case). One more issue is that I will need to probably book 2 dates; one for H1 multiple stamping and the other for my wife's H4.

I need advice. Information keeps floating around and keeps changing daily. I don't know whom I should trust.

Many reviews posted on this web site have been helpful. I have started making my own notes. Just need advice on what type of visa I should get my wife.

Thank you.

H1/H4 or F1/F2 ?????

hi vikrant,
    h1 can be done in canada very easy .
    no need to book two dates both of u can attend same time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X