Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealed envelope of supporting doc

Hello all,

I am going to chennai consulate in early december for visa processing, while i am on vacation.
    extension approved in the US and going there to get it stamped.
    i have received some supporting docs in an envelope from my company hr...not sure if it was meant to be sealed, and not sure whats inside.

most likely company financials, folks working there on visas etc...
    there are no markings or signage to note if it can be opened or not opened...

i am going to present it as sealed envelope...but not knowing exactly whats's inside, i will simply be handing this out for any question i dont have a copy with me..

has anyone faced this situation...since there are no instrctions can i open and check the contents?

thanks,
    minakshi

Originally posted by minakshi9 View Post
    Hello all,

I am going to chennai consulate in early december for visa processing, while i am on vacation.
    extension approved in the US and going there to get it stamped.
    i have received some supporting docs in an envelope from my company hr...not sure if it was meant to be sealed, and not sure whats inside.

most likely company financials, folks working there on visas etc...
    there are no markings or signage to note if it can be opened or not opened...

i am going to present it as sealed envelope...but not knowing exactly whats's inside, i will simply be handing this out for any question i dont have a copy with me..

has anyone faced this situation...since there are no instrctions can i open and check the contents?

thanks,
    minakshi
    Don't you expect any response from your HR? I would think it to be financial information like other employer's salary which they may not want you to see. It would help you too if you just ask your company.

Comment

Originally posted by itsshanks View Post
      Don't you expect any response from your HR? I would think it to be financial information like other employer's salary which they may not want you to see. It would help you too if you just ask your company.
      the HR lady who mailed the packet is on maternity leave, and the attorney does not know exactly all the docs in the envelope.

I read on forums that NO Sealed Envelopes except medical reports are allowed inside the consulate...

Does anyone know if the above is true?

Comment

Don't open unless advised by VO.

Originally posted by minakshi9 View Post
        the HR lady who mailed the packet is on maternity leave, and the attorney does not know exactly all the docs in the envelope.

I read on forums that NO Sealed Envelopes except medical reports are allowed inside the consulate...

Does anyone know if the above is true?
        I would Believe the sealed envelop has Company's Financial Documents Including W2 of Employer and Payroll related of employees. You do not have to open it unless and until it is mentioned to you in Consulate by VO. You can ask VO if he/she needs sealed envelop or if she/he wants you to open the document and give it to VO.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X