Successful stamping at Ottawa on Nov 19th 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful stamping at Ottawa on Nov 19th 2012

Background : First time H1-B from F1(masters), working at a OEM on contract through contracting agency. ( Non IT)

Spouse works directly at a OEM (Non IT)

H1- B interview was scheduled at Ottawa consulate on Nov 19th.

Finger Printing was done at at counter 4 and visa interview was at counter 1.

VO was Asian-american smart fellow. I could hear all the interviews (which were mostly Desi In IT) while i was waiting and he was asking petty specific questions like why preferred vendor , are you QA etc.

He assumed that I work in IT too.

VO : Tell me something abt YYYY (contractor)
    Me: They are contracting firm in ... area
    VO seemed confused
    Me: rephrasing - Technical recruiting
    VO : Oh so you work at a client?
    Me : Yes, YYY company
    VO : (he seemed to know that co.) what do you do there..
    Me: I work as a ..... (Supply chain position)
    VO : (Again seemed confused as he had assumed i am IT! ) what exactly is that?
    Me : explained a little bit (thinking in mind that I am not doing good job of explaining I am not IT software consultant)
    VO : oh ok. Do you have a preferred vendor ( again assuming EVC (or whatever that is) model)
    me: ( not knowing what a preferred vendor is!) No
    VO : How many employees does your YYYY contractor has?
    Me : Now I was little bit worried as i didnt know how many . I said : I am not sure of exact nos. but they have over 50 employees on contract at various employers in MI area
    VO : not satisfied - do you have a client letter/
    Me: yes . presented.
    VO: scanning, are you a SAP expert ( as my work is in SCM , i use SAP)
    Me: No I am not
    VO: you are not?
    Me: I Use SAP to perform Supply chain activities
    Vo: okay. I am going to keep this client letter and we will contact you if we have any questions.
    ME: Okay.

Then my spouse was interviewed who is a non IT direct employee OEM. that went well.

VO gave the sheet with instructions to follow after Visa was approved.
    My spouse : will we get passports within 3 days?
    VO : Hopefully

He did not say your visa is approved. I assume it was approved as he handed the sheet to us.

So we spent whole week tensed up what will happen! Passports were delayed mainly due to the consulate was closed on Thursday.

We finally got Email from Loomis today. Unfortunately since they are closed on Saturday we will only be able to collect passports on Monday. So stuck in canada for 1 whole week Sunday through Monday.
    But all's well that ends well

I hope you guys find this experience helpful

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X