I797B: transfer before stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I797B: transfer before stamping

I am currently working on OPT-STEM (F1 status). My H1B got approved in Oct 2012 and I have received an I797B notice. I have not got the visa stamped yet. Is it possible that I can change companies and the new company can get an H1 transfer for me before I get the H1 visa stamped?

Yes, another company can certainly file a cap-exempt petition for you. Also, if H1 is approved as change of status (with I-94) then your status H1 now and not F1.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Yes, another company can certainly file a cap-exempt petition for you. Also, if H1 is approved as change of status (with I-94) then your status H1 now and not F1.
      Thank you, kabkaba. My H1 is however approved without change of status. I received I797B without I-94 card. I am curious if I797B interviews are different than those for I797C. Is it more rigorous and invites more scrutiny?

Comment

Originally posted by coolindia View Post
        Thank you, kabkaba. My H1 is however approved without change of status. I received I797B without I-94 card. I am curious if I797B interviews are different than those for I797C. Is it more rigorous and invites more scrutiny?
        It does not make any difference.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X