Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping in canada vs India?

Hi Guys,

I am debating whether to go to India or Canada for stamping.

I am currently on EVVC model. I have client letter, vendor letter, SOW, and the necessary 40 hours per week pay stubs. My previous and first H1B visa stamp expired in Oct 2012 (although it was approved until oct 2013). I just switched jobs in september from a full time job to a consulting job. I was stuck under 221g during my last H1B stamping ( green form, asking mostly about my education and research details).

I plan to go for stamping during Jan end. Given my History, it is more than likely that I will get stuck under 221g, whether I go to canada or India (atleast I am preparing for the worst case). Reading through the forums, it seems Canada is much more safer atleast in terms of response times if stuck under 221g. There also seems to be a general belief that number of 221gs are awarded in canada which may not be true.

I will be coinciding the stamping with my vacation..so if I do get stuck in canada I plan to go back to India after one week.

so people, experts what do you suggest?
    Should I go to India or Canada for stamping?
    Are 221 g cases processed faster in canada compared to India?
    Are there more chances of getting 221g in India compared to canada?
    Given the EVVC model, what other documents will I be needing apart from 797, 129, client letter, vendor letter, pay stubs, tax forms, sow?

I know too many questions but will greatly appreciate your responses on whatever you know about.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Maxxx

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X