looking to divorce wife on H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to divorce wife on H4

I am currently working on H1. I got married to a girl one year and got her to USA on H4. We got married in Pune. For the last one years she has given me hell and abused my family. I dont want to live with her and I came to India on a month of holiday to India to find a solution to leave her. But here are my problems- 1. during our fights she got hurt a couple of times and she blames me for it. she filed for a domestic violence case in usa when i came to india. 2. her parents are threatening me that they will file a dowry case in 498a. The girl is taking advice from her parents and they are contaminating her head against me and my family.

i want to know what is best way to deal with this problem. I dont want to loose my H1 visa or job. my options are-
    1. go back to usa, fight the domestic violence case. But i dont know how to deal with the medical reports of her injuries. will these reports weaken my case?
    2. Also when i go back to usa, I want to file for divorce. I have heard divorce in usa is easy. but how will the DV case affect me? Will I have to give her alimony?
    3. I want to take my parents with me to usa to protect them from dowry case. But can the embassy summon them in case the girls parents file a dowry case under 498a.
    4. what will happen if the girl does not sign the divorce paper and goes to india. can i get a ex-parte divorce. will it be valid in india?
    5. what is restitution of conjugal rights
    6. can I get her H4 cancelled?
    7. ...Any other suggestions. ..... please help me... i want to get rid of her.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X