Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh H1B visa transfer from one company to another

Hi Friends,

I got fresh H1B visa from my present ABC company. Now my query is --> I got another XYZ company offer now. But if i resign my current ABC company, i got to know that my new H1B visa will become invalide. Is it possible to transfer my new H1B visa from my current ABC company to new XYZ company?

Note: Till now i havent travelled to US.

Please reply with your valuable comments.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Imran

Since you are not in the US, it does not matter if you resign. Any other company can file for you any time during the next 6 years.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Since you are not in the US, it does not matter if you resign. Any other company can file for you any time during the next 6 years.
      Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You mean to say as i cannot transfer my existing visa from current company to new company?

Just need clarification for this....

Thanks for ur help...

Comment

What is commonly called as 'transfer' is actually a cap-exempt petition filed by a new employer.
        Another company can file cap-exempt petition for you any time during the next 6 years, irrespective of whether you are working for the original sponsor or not. It also does not matter if the original company has withdrawn their petition.

If you have a Visa in your passport, you can use the same Visa and new petition (approved) to travel to US and work for the new employer. Otherwise you can obtain the Visa using the new employer's petition and then travel.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X