shall I be eligible to work in US again for 6 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shall I be eligible to work in US again for 6 years

I have traveled to US on 5th July 2009 with L1B visa . I returned back to India on 19th Feb 2012 as my L1B extension rejected.

My company has applied H1B visa in this current cap and it has got approved also , so if I travel again after 19th Feb 2013 , shall I be eligible to work in US again for 6 years as I will be completing the 12 months period outside US on 19th Feb 2013. kindly reply.

shall I be eligible to work in US again for 6 years

Originally posted by sanjeebd View Post
    I have traveled to US on 5th July 2009 with L1B visa . I returned back to India on 19th Feb 2012 as my L1B extension rejected.

My company has applied H1B visa in this current cap and it has got approved also , so if I travel again after 19th Feb 2013 , shall I be eligible to work in US again for 6 years as I will be completing the 12 months period outside US on 19th Feb 2013. kindly reply.

Please some one respond.

Comment

Originally posted by sanjeebd View Post
      Please some one respond.
      If you apply in the cap of the year after completion of 1 Year of stay outside US then you will be eligible for fresh 6 Years H1. You returned in 2012 and applied for H1 in 2012 so you might not be eligible even if you travel after 1 Year stay outside US. If you apply for H1 after 19 Feb 2013 (that is start date of Oct 2013 )and get H1 approved then it can be valid for 6 Years.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X