Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On H4 Visa and received divorce papers

**** **** *Urgent help required please.
    We have been married for 1.5 years residing in Edison,New Jersey.
    My husband who is on H1B Visa physically assaulted me number of times after marriage. I am on H4 Visa with no financial support.
    I had to call 911 for emergency first aid after another assault and abuse by him recently in Aug'12.
    The New Jersey police took him and filed a case of Domestic Violence against him.
    The case was dismissed recently in Dec'12 after asking him to do mandatory anger management session but no punishment or fine as this is the first offence.
    He kept me in dark for 4 months talking about reconciliation but applied for divorce in Oct '12 and the court served the papers to me in Dec'12 after the domestic
    violence case was dismissed.
    My questions are:

1.What are my rights as H4 to get justice as per the law in Edison,New Jersey?

2.I was given 35 days to respond to the divorce filing. Can this be extended?

3.Will it hurt or help if I decide to refuse to sign the papers with a view to stall or slow down proceedings?

4.How long can I stay in USA after I get divorced?

5.Can you tell me in detailed about U visa?

6.If I initiate F1 student visa process now,how long will it take?

7.Can I stay in USA during the visa conversion from H4 to F1 after divorce?

8.Can I call his employer/HR and report his criminal record even after the case is dismissed?

9. Is it possible for him to cancel my health insurance before the divorce is completed? I am currently insured through his employer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by 45671; 12-10-2012, 08:30 PM. Reason: urgency

send me a private message. I can help.

Comment

Divorce in US !

Originally posted by VGaikwad View Post
      send me a private message. I can help.
      Hi!
      Im in a similar situation . My husband and me have decided to get a divorce . Im studying my masters on H4 but want to convert to F1 soon . He's ready for the alimony ,so my question is
      Will I get alimony even after I convert to F1?
      Should I convert to F1 before getting divorced ?

Comment

Pls help me.

I'm in same situation. I cudnt bare his torture anymore. I have little kids and I'm helpless. I will be out if status. Pls help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X