Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa for my spouse and kid while i am in usa

Hi Friends,

Recently, I have got my COS from L1B to H1B and currently working in USA from November on H1B Status. I have been in USA from past 2 years and there is no H1B VISA Stamped on my passport. I would to like get my Wife and Kid from india on H4 in March 2013 or April 2013. While going through the list of documents, I found that we need to have I-129 along with I-797A and other valid documents. Is it possible to get my dependants VISA Stamped just with I-797A along with other documents except I-129? Also, let me know is it safe to go to India or Canada for my stamping instead and later get my dependants to USA. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks! Suresh.

Originally posted by srilud View Post
    Hi Friends,

Recently, I have got my COS from L1B to H1B and currently working in USA from November on H1B Status. I have been in USA from past 2 years and there is no H1B VISA Stamped on my passport. I would to like get my Wife and Kid from india on H4 in March 2013 or April 2013. While going through the list of documents, I found that we need to have I-129 along with I-797A and other valid documents. Is it possible to get my dependants VISA Stamped just with I-797A along with other documents except I-129? Also, let me know is it safe to go to India or Canada for my stamping instead and later get my dependants to USA. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks! Suresh.
    Where did you go through the list of documents ? Where does it say your family should carry I-129 to interview ?
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Most probably dependents will not be asked for I-129. Your employer should be able to provide a copy in any case.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        Most probably dependents will not be asked for I-129. Your employer should be able to provide a copy in any case.
        Thanks for the Info.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X