Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 Visa stamping appointment - Renewal of H1B and H4 Visa

Hi,

I had couple of questions regarding H1B and H4 Visa stamping appointments in India
    I got my original H1B and H4 Visa stamping in India through Company A in 2009
    I switched jobs in 2012 to Company B and I am planning to visit India in 2013 along with my wife

As per the new rules applicable from Sept 2012, I noticed that you need to go to the US consulate twice - 1st for fingerprint scanning and then again for visa interview on 2 separate dates
    Is this applicable for H1B and H4 Visa renewal as well... Do I need to take 2 appointments for H1B and H4 Visa renewal as well?

Any inputs would be appreciated

Thanks...

Done finger printing today at Hyd consulate. Tomorrow we have visa interview. My wife H1 renewal and for me H4. First fill up two online DS 160, one for you and another to your wife. Next go to ustraveldocs, create a profile on your name as H1 applicant. It will ask you one point of time to add any dependents. After you add your wife, It will show 2 applicants, and need to pay visa fee from your bank, that is 21,640 rupees I think. After 1 day your visa fee activates, you are able to schedule for fingerprinting and visa interview. You have to go two times to consulate, one for finger printing and next visa interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X