Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extended Petition Stamping

Hi,

I am in USA and my H1B visa had been expired in Aug-2012 but I have received my new extended petition valid till May 2014.

I am planning a visit to India but recently I came to know that I can not travel via few international airports(e.g. London, Frankfurt etc.) with a valid US visa on my passport.

I heard that via Dubai is the only option. Please provide your inputs.

Thanks.

H1B Extended Petition Stamping

Yes you cannot travel through European countries without valid US visa.

Not worth taking this risk. Better choose Qatar or emirates. I personally have experience going through Dubai with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by abhibrave2002 View Post
      Hi,

I am in USA and my H1B visa had been expired in Aug-2012 but I have received my new extended petition valid till May 2014.

I am planning a visit to India but recently I came to know that I can not travel via few international airports(e.g. London, Frankfurt etc.) with a valid US visa on my passport.

I heard that via Dubai is the only option. Please provide your inputs.

Thanks.
      FWIW, You can travel through London, however, you need to apply for the transit visa in advance before leaving USA.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
        FWIW, You can travel through London, however, you need to apply for the transit visa in advance before leaving USA.
        Not all EU countries require transit or US visa if your destination is India. London needs transit visa. Amsterdam and Zurich doesn't need any transit visa if you're going to India and don't leave the airport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X