Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of visa status by 8 days. Will they accept renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of visa status by 8 days. Will they accept renewal?

My 6 yr H-1B time is maxed out. I had applied for an H-1B extension in Aug for the time I had accumulate due to travel outside the county while on the H-1B. The extension was requested till Oct 6th. The visa extension was approved on Oct 4th (Friday), but I did not get notified by the lawyers till today (Oct 7th). So unfortunately I am currently out of status by 2 days.

My I-140 was approved a few months back and the lawyer was waiting for this current H-1B extension to come through before filing an extension application for 3 years based on the I-140 approval. He said that we will continue with the plan and apply for the 3 yr H-1B extension. By the time the application is submitted, I will have been out of legal status for about 9 days or so. The lawyer will be sending in an explanation requesting that they not reject the application based on me being 'out of status' for a few days.

My question is: What is the likelihood that they will reject the application based on me being out of status? Is there some discretion used - especially since I will be out of status for only 9 days?

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X