Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 Visa after 6 years on H-1

Hi,

My wife's 6 years on the H-1 visa will be completed in Oct'2013. No Green Card for her has been initiated. I still have valid H-1B till 2015. Can she go on H-4 on my H-1B after October 2013? I mean will the completion of 6 years on her own H-1B affect her H-4 process on my visa? Is she allowed to be on H-4 immediately after completing 6 years on own H-1? Please help

Vijay

Originally posted by VijayUS View Post
    Hi,

My wife's 6 years on the H-1 visa will be completed in Oct'2013. No Green Card for her has been initiated. I still have valid H-1B till 2015. Can she go on H-4 on my H-1B after October 2013? I mean will the completion of 6 years on her own H-1B affect her H-4 process on my visa? Is she allowed to be on H-4 immediately after completing 6 years on own H-1? Please help

Vijay
    She should file a I539 to do a change of status to H4 before her 6 Years completion otherwise she will go out of status.

Also, her beign on H4 in US will not reset her 1 Year clock. She will be eligible for fresh H1 only after physically staying out of US for one full Year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      She should file a I539 to do a change of status to H4 before her 6 Years completion otherwise she will go out of status.

Also, her beign on H4 in US will not reset her 1 Year clock. She will be eligible for fresh H1 only after physically staying out of US for one full Year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X