Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B visa stamping - 6th year. Query related to petition start date, re-entering US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamping - 6th year. Query related to petition start date, re-entering US

To explain my background - I am going to mexico for my 6th year H1B visa stamping. I have already had 2 stamping in my country of origin for same visa category. However, my old visa that is stamped on my passport through old employer (A) already expired on April 2012. I changed my employer (B) back in June 2010 and have an approved petition and valid I94 but never went out of the country for visa stamping. The approved petition with employer B was till 30th March 2013 and hence my employer filed for my H1B extension which got approved. Now, I have an approved I797 (based on my I140 approval for green card) which is valid from 03/31/2013 till 03/30/2016.

I have already booked my appointment at the US consulate in Matamoras, Mexico for 25th of Jan 2013.

Now my question is -
    General Visa Information states that "H1 Bs may apply only 90 days prior to the petition start date and may use their visas to enter the U.S. only 10 days prior to the petition start date unless they are renewing their visa with the same employer". So does that mean I can go for the visa stamping in Mexico only after 20th of March 2013 because I changed my employer and since my new petition start date is 03/31/2013 (because the website states that H1B's may use their visas to enter the U.S. only 10 days prior to the petition start date unless they are renewing their visa with the same employer)? Or can I go for stamping on 25th of Jan 2013 which will be much before 10 days prior to petition start date? The reason I am asking this is, I have an approved petition and valid I94 through employer B but not visa stamped on my passport since I never went out of the country. The last visa that was stamped on my passport is through employer (A) that expired in April 2012.

Hope I explained my case well. Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Amit

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X