H1B Petition Approved - Impact of changing employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Petition Approved - Impact of changing employer

I work for a Tier1 IT MNC and my location is India...I am going for H1B this year....let's say my petition gets approved this September

Scenario 1: After I get an approved petition I DO NOT go for visa interview.

a. If I quit my current employer and join another Indian IT company with the approved petition can the Indian company use my approved petition and I go for visa interview from my new Indian employer and get the visa stamped?

b. After I get my approved petition I get a job offer from an US employer. Will the US employer will be able to use my approved petition and I can appear in visa interview for the US employer and travel US once visa approved?

Scenario 2. After I get an approved petition I go for visa interview and get visa stamped in India from my current employer.

a. After I got visa stamped in my passport if I quit my current employer and join another Indian IT company will I be travel US using my stamped H1B/approved petition? The other Indian IT company where I will be joining need to transfer my H1B or needs to do H1B amendment, which is the procedure?

b. Let's say after my visa got stamped I do not join any other Indian company and instead of that I get an offer from a company in US. Can the US employer transfer my H1B from my current employer and I can travel and join the US company? I know this is possible when I am already working in US but my question is if it is possible by an US company to transfer my H1B when I am physically working in India.

Originally posted by fromdips82 View Post
    I work for a Tier1 IT MNC and my location is India...I am going for H1B this year....let's say my petition gets approved this September

Scenario 1: After I get an approved petition I DO NOT go for visa interview.

a. If I quit my current employer and join another Indian IT company with the approved petition can the Indian company use my approved petition and I go for visa interview from my new Indian employer and get the visa stamped?

b. After I get my approved petition I get a job offer from an US employer. Will the US employer will be able to use my approved petition and I can appear in visa interview for the US employer and travel US once visa approved?

Scenario 2. After I get an approved petition I go for visa interview and get visa stamped in India from my current employer.

a. After I got visa stamped in my passport if I quit my current employer and join another Indian IT company will I be travel US using my stamped H1B/approved petition? The other Indian IT company where I will be joining need to transfer my H1B or needs to do H1B amendment, which is the procedure?

b. Let's say after my visa got stamped I do not join any other Indian company and instead of that I get an offer from a company in US. Can the US employer transfer my H1B from my current employer and I can travel and join the US company? I know this is possible when I am already working in US but my question is if it is possible by an US company to transfer my H1B when I am physically working in India.

I also have the same queries. Can anyone please reply to this ?

Comment

H1B Petition Approved - Impact of changing employer

Let me answer it straight.

Your approved H1 petition is valid for 6 years from the date approved. Any employer can transfer the petition as a cap exempt.

Now, If it is approve and if you have a valid visa stamped on your passport (even though if it has your old employer name on it), you can still use that visa along with your new approved petition to work for that new employer.

Hope this helps..

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X