Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 form H1 VISA

Hi,

I need clarification for couple of queries.

(1) Should DS-160 form be completed and submitted before I book VISA interview. Is this a requirement? In current procedure, as soon as we initiate the process of filling up DS-160 form, we would get the number associated with it. I used that number and already made appointment for VISA interview on Feb 4th. Is this fine?

(2) The reason I didnt submit the completed DS-160 form is because of the following reason. I am working for X company now and I will resign this position as of Jan 24th 2013. I am applying for H1 visa for Y company. By the time I go for VISA interview on Feb 4th, the X company would be my previous employer and I would be unemployed by then. But now as of today, the DS-160 form does not allow me to put X company as previous employer as my end date is on Jan 24th 2013 (and it does not allow future end date to be filled in for previous employer). Since my last date with X company is on Jan 24th and my VISA interview is on Feb 4th, I thought of submitting my DS-160 on Jan 25th so that everything is consistent. Should this be fine?

Could anyone please clarify above questions. Thanks.

Does not matter, don't make a big deal out of it. It is better if you submit the form immediately.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Does not matter, don't make a big deal out of it. It is better if you submit the form immediately.
      Thanks for your response. As I have mentioned in the message, I am not able to submit immediately as the form does not allow me to put Jan 24th as my previous employment end date.

Comment

Then make them your current employer instead of previous employer. That is the fact as of this filing date, is it not? It makes no difference to your Visa application outcome.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X