Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Dependant Visa quick quistionnaire

Hi Experts,
    I'm currently working for an indian MNC in Chennai and holding a H1 Visa approved in Oct 2011 and stamped in Jan-2012. I did not travel to US yet with my H1. I am planning to go to US for a long term trip in next month for my project requirement. When i apply for H1 i did not apply for H4 for my wife and kid. While am here getting ready to travel now ,
    can i initiate H4 visa processing for my dependants(Wife and Kid). ?
    What is the time frame for a H4 visa processing ?
    My wife is currently working for another MNC in Chennai , should she resign her job to apply for H4 ?
    My wife’s company has an option to temporarily break for 1 year and rejoin without resigning her job, in that case can she still hold a H4 Visa and travel for an year to accompany me in US and return to India to resume her job .?

Would really appreciate your timely updates on my aboev queries.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Rockssk

Seniors/Experts,

Request your expertise suggestion/opninion.

Regards,
    Rockssk

Originally posted by rockssk View Post
    Hi Experts,
    I'm currently working for an indian MNC in Chennai and holding a H1 Visa approved in Oct 2011 and stamped in Jan-2012. I did not travel to US yet with my H1. I am planning to go to US for a long term trip in next month for my project requirement. When i apply for H1 i did not apply for H4 for my wife and kid. While am here getting ready to travel now ,
    My wife is currently working for another MNC in Chennai , should she resign her job to apply for H4 ?
    My wife’s company has an option to temporarily break for 1 year and rejoin without resigning her job, in that case can she still hold a H4 Visa and travel for an year to accompany me in US and return to India to resume her job .?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Rockssk

Comment

Hi Experts,
      Yes
      Has your wife ever applied for a visa and has been rejected ? Do you have a common Muslim name ? If answer to those two is no and if your big Indian MNC really has a valid client in USA, its just a matter of attending the interview and getting stamped.
      My wife is currently working for another MNC in Chennai , should she resign her job to apply for H4 ? Not required.
      -Thats a fantastic firm ! I have never heard of this kind of flexibility. But to answer your question, no need to resign.

Thanks in advance.
      Regards,
      Rockssk
      See above. Though I think your most important question should have been what documents are required. But I guess you have googled for it.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
        See above. Though I think your most important question should have been what documents are required. But I guess you have googled for it.
        Thanks happybuddha..

Comment

Thanks happybuddha..
          Is there any petition we need to file or just we need to fill UP DS160 and Get the appointment ?

Comment

Originally posted by ramyaag View Post
            Is there any petition we need to file or just we need to fill UP DS160 and Get the appointment ?
            Read the faqs

The answer to your question is no there is no petition for H4.
            This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
              Read the faqs

The answer to your question is no there is no petition for H4.
              just to get clarified We just need to fill up DS160 and pay fee and get receipt. Also the appointment system has fields like Petitioner information , please let me know the information i need to enter? is it my(H1B) holders sponsor company and start date and end date as in H1b Holders I797? or peitioner name will be my name?

Comment

H4 stamping , H1 B is in admin processing with 221(g) pink slip

Hello experts,

I have appeared for an interview at chennai for my H1 B on 23rd Feb 2012, I was issued 221(g) pink slip, officer took my passport and said you qualified for visa but need to go admin processing and issued 221(g) pink slip and asked me to wait when my number is called go to counter 33 and submit for the requested documents. lady asked me my sibling info, any research work in my IT field after comlpting my MS from USA , travel to any other country(my answer was No as i never did other then US). On asking she said you have been issued visa sir but we need to do admin processing and kept my passport with her.

Its been more then 11 months and 2 weeks and my case is still pending, my passport is still with them . My understanding for this delay is my last name which is Mohammed, because after my interview I was never asked for any supporting documents.

Recently I got married to my girlfriend who is working in US and she is on H1 B, now my question is
                1. can I appear to consulate for H4 WHEN MY H1 B is under admin process(221g pink clip ).
                2.As I have a common muslim last name will that again invoke a red flag and will it make me wait for another 1 yrs for the admin process which I had untill now will go invain ?

can anyone please help me on this...I appreciate your replies and suggestions
                Last edited by nahid0307; 02-05-2013, 05:03 AM. Reason: update

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X