Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired H1B

Dear Forum,

My first H1B was stamped on Jan 31, 2007; returned to home country in September 2008 and my H1B expired in December 2010; used only 2 years on my H1B,

Now I want to move to the US and find employment opportunities, I was wondering if my new employer would need to file a new H1B or just an H1B transfer petition?

This information is important as I need to tell my employer if they need to file a new H1B for which applications will start getting accepted in April this year,

Many thanks

Originally posted by serena_kohli View Post
    Dear Forum,

My first H1B was stamped on Jan 31, 2007; returned to home country in September 2008 and my H1B expired in December 2010; used only 2 years on my H1B,

Now I want to move to the US and find employment opportunities, I was wondering if my new employer would need to file a new H1B or just an H1B transfer petition?

This information is important as I need to tell my employer if they need to file a new H1B for which applications will start getting accepted in April this year,

Many thanks
    You are eligible for a cap-exempt petition. It can be filed at any time and an immediate start date can be requested. Overall, you are eligible for 6 years minus the time spent in the US in H1 or L1 status.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X