Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b laid off .. options?

Hi folks,

I came to US on a student visa and started working for company x first on opt and then my h1b started on October 2012. They laid off 1500 employees all over the world and unfortunately am one of those. I wanted to know regarding my options. Got laid off on November 13, 2012 and seems my h1b petitioner hasn't notified uscis yet to revoke my h1b. So do I have any time to change my status to f1? Would my change of status petition approve? I already got i20s from two univs? I know the pay stubs come into play for a transfer so I do have paystubs until jan 25, 2013 as I received a 2 month severance package. Would me getting a job and applying for a h1b transfer work? I also have an EAD (opt) card valid until jan 31, 2013 could that be of any help?

Unfortunately, you lose status on the last day of your work and any change or extension of status is not possible. But your employer is required to pay for your ticket to home country.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

You can transfer H1b

You can contact good attorney. They should help you. You can transfer the H1B if you are able to find good employees. Start giving interviews and explain them your case. I am sure there are ways to do it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X