No announcement yet.

Valid H1B and TPS with Advance Parole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid H1B and TPS with Advance Parole.

My Status:
    - Valid H1B document until 2014
    - Expired H1B visa on passport (6 month old)

My country is eligible for TPS. According to TPS website and hotline I can apply for TPS and maintain my H1B status without problem.

My issue: I would like to apply for TPS, visit home, get married, get my wife to come with me on H4 visa. I have 12 day vacation and I do not want to go for stamping (consulate is closed in my country + other countries will put me on admin processing for more than 12 days).

I would like to apply for Advance Parole document after my TPS approval and use it to re-enter the United States and get back to my work, same company, same position. same petitioner.

Would it be a problem for my wife to get her H4 visa? Would it be an issue at the port of entry since my wife is traveling based on H4 visa and I''m using AP? Keep in mind my H1B is valid and my employment is current. I just need TPS so I can use the AP to re-enter with my very short vacation time.

Any thought and ANI links are appreciated.

-hmb

I would like to know if you have found the answers to your questions. Please let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by hashim1 View Post
    My Status:
    - Valid H1B document until 2014
    - Expired H1B visa on passport (6 month old)

My country is eligible for TPS. According to TPS website and hotline I can apply for TPS and maintain my H1B status without problem.

My issue: I would like to apply for TPS, visit home, get married, get my wife to come with me on H4 visa. I have 12 day vacation and I do not want to go for stamping (consulate is closed in my country + other countries will put me on admin processing for more than 12 days).

I would like to apply for Advance Parole document after my TPS approval and use it to re-enter the United States and get back to my work, same company, same position. same petitioner.

Would it be a problem for my wife to get her H4 visa? Would it be an issue at the port of entry since my wife is traveling based on H4 visa and I''m using AP? Keep in mind my H1B is valid and my employment is current. I just need TPS so I can use the AP to re-enter with my very short vacation time.

Any thought and ANI links are appreciated.

-hmb
    I would like to know if you found information regarding your question?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X