Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired H1B - Help needed

Hello everyone!

My H1B petition approved in 2009 quota, but I never went for stamping due to recession in US during that time. Now I am working as consultant on L1B visa in US. My query is, can I retrieve my old expired H1B status? OR do I need apply for new H1B visa? so that I can start working on my H1B visa. Please help me if any one of you faced similar situation.

Waiting for you kind reply.

Thank you so much,
    Shreekant

Originally posted by shreekantr View Post
    Hello everyone!

My H1B petition approved in 2009 quota, but I never went for stamping due to recession in US during that time. Now I am working as consultant on L1B visa in US. My query is, can I retrieve my old expired H1B status? OR do I need apply for new H1B visa? so that I can start working on my H1B visa. Please help me if any one of you faced similar situation.

Waiting for you kind reply.

Thank you so much,
    Shreekant
    You are already cap counted so you don't have to wait till April 2013 for filing fresh H1 and waiting till 01-Oct-2013 for beginning to work on H1. You can request an immediate start date you need to have the 2009 H1 approval notice/petition number/receipt in order to be able to do so.

Do remember, you would get only 6 Years minus the time already spent on L1 as L1+H1 can at max be 6 years.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X