H1 transfer to new employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer to new employer

I am currently working with a consultancy firm & am trying to transfer my H1 to a new employer, i have got 2 pay-stubs from my current employer but the amount on both the paychecks are different, in fact the latest paystub states that i have received only half of my pay amount in the month of January.
    Would this be a problem for my H1 transfer? waiting for another month is unfortunately not an option in my case

Please help

Appreciate any guidance!!

Comment

As long as pay rate is greater than LCA that is fine. (Pay periods can be different based on different pay cycles). Also, you need to get paid for the entire period that you are in H1 status.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        As long as pay rate is greater than LCA that is fine. (Pay periods can be different based on different pay cycles). Also, you need to get paid for the entire period that you are in H1 status.
        Unfortunately its less than the LCA amount for the latest month since i worked for less hours. Would that be a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by leonidas View Post
          Unfortunately its less than the LCA amount for the latest month since i worked for less hours. Would that be a problem?
          Yes, unpaid leave without a genuine reason makes you out of status.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X