Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B,H4 information

Hi,

I changed my employer,Company A, 2 months back and now i am working for company B. I have a valid visa from company A and it is going to expire in july next year. Same is the case for my wife who has a valid H4 visa. Now i have got the H1b and H4 transfer approval for companyB.We both have to travel to India in december for about 4 weeks.Do i need to get the stamping done for the new company B, even if my visa from comapny A is still valid till july next year and similar for my wife, whose visa is valid till november next year. PLease advise. I dont know the new rules and regulations.
    WHat all things do i need to take care before going to INdia and coming back?
    Regards,
    Am.

Hi,
    You should get your respective passports stamped with Co.B's H1b. The procedure is mcuh the same as any new H1b, except that you will have to provide your previous co.'s paystubs and respective W2s.

VEENA
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by aminder
      Hi,

I changed my employer,Company A, 2 months back and now i am working for company B. I have a valid visa from company A and it is going to expire in july next year. Same is the case for my wife who has a valid H4 visa. Now i have got the H1b and H4 transfer approval for companyB.We both have to travel to India in december for about 4 weeks.Do i need to get the stamping done for the new company B, even if my visa from comapny A is still valid till july next year and similar for my wife, whose visa is valid till november next year. PLease advise. I dont know the new rules and regulations.
      WHat all things do i need to take care before going to INdia and coming back?
      Regards,
      Am.
      Hi Veena,

Well i just went thorugh the FAQ's of this website and for my specific case it says that i can come to US with my previous Visa Stamp if it is still valid and i will have to show the new H1B petition. I need to get it stamped only if it has expired. My visa wil expire in July 2006.
      So do you really think that i would need to get a new stamp for the new company.
      Please do let me know.

Am.

Comment

Hi,
        Since you have already started working for Co.B, its better to get PP stamped for employer B H1b. What if you face adverse questions at the port of entry?
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

hi Veena,

Thanks for your reply..
          I can go for the Visa revalidation as I have the salary slips from previous employer and new employer. I also have the W2 for one year and W2 transcript for the second year from the previous employer. I did not get the work experience letter and also did not get the relieving letter.
          So please let me know if you have come across such a case where someone did go for visa intw withour exp letter from previous company and the releiving letter.
          I did post these questions with a different subject line.. but did not recieve any reply.
          Now i am asking this question under my previous posted message.Please if you can reply to this question , i will really appreciate.

Thanks,
          Aminder.

Comment

Hi,
            Is it difficult now to get an experience letter from your previous employer? You can go for the stamping even without it, just ensure that the papers pertaining to your current employment are intact (H1B package, job-confirmation letter, original offer letter, letter from client-if applicable, and photos of work place, client's place, home, bank-statements, pay slips, etc.) All the best.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

you don't need to get ur new visa with company B. you can come on Old visa but get ur I-94 for new visa validity period (company B) at the port of entry.

i have done this before and i have seen many cases like this. you won't have any issues in this kind of situation.

even if they ask why u didn't get stamped, you can say my trip was sudden and couldn't find appointments at the consulate in india.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X