Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[URGENT] L1 Individual and H1 B at the same time from different companies .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [URGENT] L1 Individual and H1 B at the same time from different companies .

Scenario :
    -Current company is filing L1 and most likely my L1 petition will be stamped by June and I would travel and stay in US for 6months per company policy and return to India .
    -At the same time a different company X is ready to sponsor H1 - B in this 2013 quota .

Q1 : Can I apply for L1 in my company and also have company X to file H1 - B ? Even if i get my L1 stamped , will the H1B petition be approved ( without stamping ) and remain valid till I exhaust my 6 months period in L1B status ? so that I can come back and get the H1B stamping after that period ?

Q2 : Or just apply for L1 alone this year have the company X file H1 - B in 2014 quota ?

Q3 : Or just H1B ?

Please advice !!

Both are unrelated since you are not in the US.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Both are unrelated since you are not in the US.
      so you mean that even if my L1 is approved and stamped , the H1B petition will still be approved and I can have it without being Stamped ?

Comment

Once you are in the US you can only have one status at a time, either L1 or H1 depending on which Visa and petition you use to travel to US. Status can be changed within the US by filing a petition amendment. If you are in H1 status, you must work for H1 employer and if you are in L1 status you must work for L1 employer.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X