Bahamas visit through Cruise with expired stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bahamas visit through Cruise with expired stamping

I'm on H1B visa and my work permit got extended until 2015. I did not went through stamping for my extended H1B visa and now, I'm planning for Bahamas visit through cruise. Though I have all valid documents proving my valid H1B work permit extension, is it safe to come back to USA from bahamas with expired I-94 ?

Originally posted by pinnamur View Post
    I'm on H1B ...expired I-94 ?
    When did that happen ? You are out of status and on US soil illegally, you know that right ?
    Did your H1 petition come with an (new) attached I 94?
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
      When did that happen ? You are out of status and on US soil illegally, you know that right ?
      Did your H1 petition come with an (new) attached I 94?
      Sorry. I should have been clear mentioning about my case. I have new I-94 (valid up to Aug 2015) with my H1B work permit extension. Would that be valid for me to travel between Bahamas and USA through Cruise without stamping for my new extension ?

Comment

Originally posted by pinnamur View Post
        Sorry. I should have been clear mentioning about my case. I have new I-94 (valid up to Aug 2015) with my H1B work permit extension. Would that be valid for me to travel between Bahamas and USA through Cruise without stamping for my new extension ?
        How long is the cruise for ? Many people manage to go on very short trips outside the US carrying the same I-94.
        Anyway, without a valid visa on the date of reentry even though you may have a valid I-94 is not a good option, IMO.
        This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X