Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage of H1B holders after stamping but before departing

Hi

This is my first post to this forum , as this is first time I ll be travelling to US.

Me and my prospective spouse would be going for H1B in the coming cycle,hopefully by April'13.

My concerns are related to marriage and visa/travelling and working in USA.

We plan to get married after our visa stamping is done(I mean to say when entire process is done and visa is approved).In this case , what needs to be done from our end.?

1)Do we need to intimate US council regarding marriage before flying , and how that would be done.?
    2)Will it require any change in VISA for any/both?
    3)I believe there is a section in Indian passport for spouse details - Do we need to get it changed/add spouse name to it?If yes, then new passport would be issued and stamping would be done again?How much time it might take for the whole procedure.

Please guide.I apologize for any stupid questions.

Regards
    Rahul Prasad

Originally posted by rahulprasad2410 View Post
    Hi

This is my first post to this forum , as this is first time I ll be travelling to US.

Me and my prospective spouse would be going for H1B in the coming cycle,hopefully by April'13.

My concerns are related to marriage and visa/travelling and working in USA.

We plan to get married after our visa stamping is done(I mean to say when entire process is done and visa is approved).In this case , what needs to be done from our end.?

1)Do we need to intimate US council regarding marriage before flying , and how that would be done.?
    2)Will it require any change in VISA for any/both?
    3)I believe there is a section in Indian passport for spouse details - Do we need to get it changed/add spouse name to it?If yes, then new passport would be issued and stamping would be done again?How much time it might take for the whole procedure.

Please guide.I apologize for any stupid questions.

Regards
    Rahul Prasad
    Rahul Prasad, congratulations on your first post.
    If the both of you are stamped for H1B before marriage, there is nothing you need to do. You work your job she works her job.
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X